How Much Can the Durango Tow?
If you’re looking for a fully-capable SUV, you may be wondering “How much can the Durango tow?” With a robust engine and a stellar set of amenities, the 2020 Dodge Durango lives up to the hype as one of the stand-out SUVs of this year. Enid drivers will be especially inclined to take advantage of the 2020 Dodge Durango towing capacity, which maxes out at 8,500 pounds with the proper equipment. Jacksons of Enid CDJR highlights the engine specs and performance features that contribute to how much the Durango can tow below.
Dodge Durango Engine Specs
Whether you’re taking a camper outside of Kingfisher or moving in Woodward, the Durango has your back thanks to its three engine options, a standard V6 and two powerful V8 engines. Here’s how each engine contributes to the Dodge Durango towing capacity:
- Standard 3.6L V6 Engine (SXT, GT, and Citadel trims): With 293 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque, this engine puts your 2020 Dodge Durango towing capacity at 6,200 pounds and your max payload at 1,380 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 Hemi Engine (R/T trim and optional on others): With 360 horsepower and 390 lb-ft of torque, this engine upgrades you to a max towing capacity of 7,400 pounds but lowers your payload slightly to 1,280 pounds.
- 6.4L V8 Hemi Engine (SRT trim and optional on others): This engine, with 475 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque gets you the top Dodge Durango towing capacity — get 8,700 pounds of towing in addition to 1,590 pounds of payload.
All of these engine options come with 8-speed automatic transmission, resulting in a smooth driving experience on the 2020 Durango. You can also carry those payloads easily with a max cargo volume of 84.5 cubic feet.
Dodge Durango Towing Technology
Great towing in Hennessey is not simply a matter of horsepower and torque, but the modern features that contribute to a controlled, safe towing experience. That’s why the 2020 Dodge Durango comes with these features in addition to its other optional parts and accessories.
- Trailer Sway Damping
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Traction Control
- Lane Departure Warning Plus
- Hill Start Assist
Other Safety Features:
- 4-wheel traction control
- Advanced brake assist
- Blind spot and cross-path detection
- Electronic stability control
- Ready-Alert Braking
Learn More about the 2020 Dodge Durango with Jacksons of Enid CDJR!
The 2020 Dodge Durango towing capacity is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the latest offering of this SUV. At Jacksons of Enid CDJR, we are proud to help Enid drivers research and test drive their vehicles so they can find the one that fits all their performance and comfort needs, with a finance center that can help set up a payment plan! Curious how the Dodge Durango compares to other SUVs like the Jeep Grand Cherokee? Check out our comparison! Please contact us with any and all questions today!